Friday, April 10, 2009

The Scarlet Thread ROCKS!!!

Okay, I am one happy quilter today. I was able to go and check out The Scarlet Thread quilt store in McDonough, GA. I really have missed the former Quilting Bee in Fayetteville. It was one of those places that got the creative juices flowing and the staff always greeted you by name. People were always bringing in their finished and partially finished pieces to show. It was wonderful. But, alas, it is closed.

I was really surprised when I went into The Scarlet Thread. They were so very friendly and helpful. It really reminded me of the feel of the old Fayetteville store. I do think that this one is a larger store overall and has a separate classroom space. Speaking of classes, I think I need to take a class to get my inspiration back. There is nothing like swapping creative ideas with some like minded souls to get the wheels in my little brain clicking into high gear!

I picked up a lovely bed sized quilt kit filled with gorgeous Moda Fabrics. It was a really good price for Moda! Plus, it was already pre-cut which saves me loads of time and aggravation. I can confidently sew, knowing that I won't have to fudge any little inconsistencies that I created with minor cutting errors. Love that! It saves me so much time.

I have to go back now to find the perfect backing (maybe something from the clearance room?) and some batting. Plus, they have gorgeous coordinating kits to make pillow cases to match my quilt. Isn't that cool?

Decorating and hours of entertainment together! Can't beat it with a stick!!! Plus, it's just another blanket that I won't have to buy for my bed this winter.

No comments: