Friday, April 3, 2009

First Official Coupon Run

This morning, after checking with Coupon Mom to help me to see what great sales were in my area and the potential for additional coupon sales, I went on my first real coupon outing.

I stopped by my local Ingles store to pick up two items on sale (Ingle's isn't on Coupon Mom, so I checked the online flyer myself) and then went to Rite-Aid, CVS, and Walgreens. I had varying success at each stop. Some stores didn't even have a shelf location for some advertised sale items.

I scored big time at Rite Aid because they had their generic Zyrtec on sale and I was able to get a 4 month supply for my family for the same price as a 2 month supply.

At each store, I found at least one planned sale purchase was more expensive than a generic, even with an additional coupon, so the generic won out. But, overall it was a successful trip.

It was definitely a good thing to spend a little bit of time on the computer so I knew exactly what was a good deal at each stop. I am sure I will do it again next week.

No comments: