Thursday, April 2, 2009

Coupons

Okay, I have never been one to get totally giddy and into the couponing thing. But, a friend directed me to a website that taught me a different way to look at it. The website is Coupon-Mom and it is fantastic with loads of articles and helpful information.

I still think I will do best with buying generic items and ingredients rather than convenience items, but if I can combine a coupon with an item that is on sale, then I can really see some potential savings. So that is the plan. This website even shows me what is on sale at my local stores and what coupons are circulating that can be used with them. And using the site is absolutely free, and that is a price that I can afford.

The economy is so tight right now and everybody is feeling the pinch. I am hoping to build up some savings to help get through the summer with no income (on my part). I hate that when I finally have time to spend with my kids, I end up fretting about lack of funds. I want to be frugal, but relaxed this year. I want to enjoy the time with my kids and not be worried.

Well, gotta run and put towels on the towel rack to dry!

No comments: