Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Will wonders never cease...

Well, for the first time this week, I have both good and bad news to report, instead of only bad news.

First, two wonderful friends called to wish me a happy birthday and offer support. It meant the world to me. Thanks Bev and Misty! Bev even reads my blog--now that is love!

Then Misty brought her daughter over to play for awhile. That provided much needed (and appreciated) impetus to shake me out of the funk that I have been in and I began to declutter. It has made a huge difference in my mental state to just feel a little bit in control of my environment. All in all, a much better day for me.

Hubby was finally able to track down our renter while she was packing up and get the missing rent money. We may never be able to prove what happened to the items in the outbuilding, but at least we got something out of it. We're just going to bring everything else out that we need to so that it can't happen again. I will go in tomorrow and see if we need to clean it, etc. before we begin showing it.

On a good note, I spoke with a potential renter who sounds anxious to see the house. Hope it works out for all parties involved.

Unfortunately, hubby locked his keys in his truck in Newnan, an hour drive away. Well, an hour drive when the monsoon hasn't just hit. At home, we had a consistent, heavy drizzle all day, which we desperately needed. On the road and in Newnan, it was a driving, hard rain which was nearly mpossible to drive in. It took 90+ minutes one way to get there and just as long to get back home. But, we're safe and I actually had a truck key that I could take to him.

Even though money is really tight right now, hubby and the boys took me to my favorite Mexican restaurant for a lovely meal. Then, they came home and made me a cake. Such wonderful fellas! I love them so much.

I was so down about everything lately and just expected another bland, dull day. I laid in bed and prayed and prayed last night. Prayers must certainly be answered, because I had a good day. Not a perfect day or a day without any challenges and frustrations, but a day that felt like I could handle it. Who could ask for more?

No comments: