Thursday, October 30, 2008

A quiet house...

On Wednesday morning, my lovely boys and brave hubby left on a 2 night, 3 day field trip to explore marsh ecology on Tybee Island near Savannah, Georgia. They were so excited in the days leading up to the trip that they were really getting hard to deal with!

But, while I am so very glad that they are having a wonderful time and learning bunches, I have really enjoyed having 2 evenings to chill in a quiet house after work.

Don't get me wrong, I adore my family and I wouldn't want them to be gone for very long, but being propped up on the couch with a chick flick (that I might not watch if the kids were home) and my crocheting has felt really relaxing. I have the blanket for the baby shower this weekend about half way completed.

The only downside is that since I am driving hubby's truck while he is gone, I am having to use the clutch with my sore foot. It's really rough in the morning when it is so cold. By the time I get home, my foot is achy. But, it's more of an excuse to stay in my home where I am happy.

Tomorrow evening, my family comes home and I will have a little Halloween bash waiting for them with some pizza and candy. Life is good.

No comments: