Monday, January 4, 2010

The Behemoth...


This quilt is teaching me the joy of the quilt as you go method--as in, I really should have done this as a quilt as you go....


Minkee is not nice to work with. It is not like fleece. Even when basted well and pulled taught, and pinned to Toledo, Spain and back, it will shift. It doesn't play nice.


Especially when it is making up the back of a full sized quilt that I am trying to quilt with my (crappy) little sewing machine.


I've done this before. It takes a bit of finagling, but it is do-able. I am not sure that this project is do-able anymore. Tomorrow, I will spend a few hours with my trusty seam ripper and I will endeavor to make at least a durable utility quilt out of this, erg, thing that has taken over my time. I don't want to even think about hand quilting through the thick minkee or I might do that.


I won't even consider paying for long arm services for it. It would be like $200.oo to get it done at all. Yikes!

We'll see if this gets thrown away tomorrow.

No comments: